How to Upgrade Windows Server 2019 Evaluation to Full Version
In this article, we will go through the steps required to convert a Windows Server 2019 Datacenter Evaluation edition to a Datacenter full version. The process for upgrading Windows Server 2019 standard evaluation to retail is the same as this one.
If you have installed the Evaluation version of Windows Server 2019, you can use full features of newly released Windows Server for 180 days. After the trial period of 180 days expires, the server will start asking for activation and automatically turns off after every one hour.
If you try to activate Windows Server 2019 Eval copy by specifying the KMS key or the Retail/MAK activation key for the RTM version, you will get an error message saying “This edition cannot be upgraded”. To overcome this problem you have to use DISM command to specify the Key.
Lets get started.
Right click on the Start button and select Windows PowerShell (admin).
dism /online /get-currentedition
dism /online /Get-targeteditions
dism /online /set-edition:serverdatacenter /productkey:WMDGN-G9PQG-XVVXX-R3X43-63DFG /accepteula
- Configure Maximum Recipients in a Message Limit for Mailbox
- How to Connect a Disabled Mailbox in Exchange 2019
- How to Disable or Delete a Mailbox in Exchange 2019
- Configure Email Message Size Limits for a Mailbox in Exchange 2019
- Configure Message Delivery Restrictions for a Mailbox in Exchange 2019